RE: UPDATE: [Karlnet] KN200 Problems

Subject: RE: UPDATE: [Karlnet] KN200 Problems
From: "Kevin Knuth" <kknuth@karlnet.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 08:07:51 -0600
Laroy,

Card output power is NOT the issue!  True, our first run of boards
required calculations on the power supply, but ONLY if you were using
PoE.  The extra voltage with the power supply you have tends to cause
extra heat and lockups.  HOWEVER- this issue does NOT affect all boards
(that is why it is frustrating).

Demarc's box is metal, which is GOOD!  Plastic does not act like a heat
sink, and that is a problem.

We are not shipping the RSUs yet, but stil on schedule.  It will happen
in the next few weeks.

Kevin

Kevin R. Knuth
Business Development Manager