[Karlnet] Need a wireless bridge that is truly transparent withrespect t

To: karlnet@WISPNotes.com
Subject: [Karlnet] Need a wireless bridge that is truly transparent withrespect to the MAC address
From: Ralph Hayon <ralph@naturalwireless.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 16:50:59 -0500
I need some help and was wondering if there is a Karlnet product that can help me.

I have an 802.11b access point that provides coverage outside of a building.

At another building, I want to put a wireless bridge that connects to the outdoor access point and then I am putting a crossover cable between this wireless bridge's Ethernet port and an indoor AP in the other building.

Since I am using a MAC based access system, I need to preserve the MAC address across all LAN segments. Most of the 802.11b bridges I am finding does not allow for 802.1d type of transparent bridging.

I am looking for a "cost effective" wireless bridge that can connect to a wireless AP but will "preserve" the MAC address that comes into the wired (Ethernet side) of the wireless bridge.

Can a bridge loaded with a Karlnet product help me connect to a standard AP?

Ralph

Ralph Hayon
Natural Wireless, LLC
52 Forest Avenue