Re: [Karlnet] "Dead" WP-II?

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] "Dead" WP-II?
From: "Bruno Lopes F. Cabral" <bruno@openline.com.br>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 16:53:13 -0300
Hello there

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 17:53:37 -0300
"Bruno Lopes F. Cabral" <bruno@openline.com.br> wrote:
> a friend of mine asked to check his WP-II-E, which I could sucessfully
> "revive" through a forced reload
>
> I can access it's ethernet, replace the firmware, etc, but no mather
> what I try, it don't seems to recognize any card on either PCCARD A or B

thanks for the ppl that answered me privately with tips
and recommendations

I opened the unit, it doesn't seem to have any fried (or even HOT)
chip (well, besides the AMD CPU -- uau, why it doesn't have a cooler?).

(it's good to say that I'm in Brazil, hardware repair is somewhat
difficult -- near impossible -- here)

> P.S. where can I find info on serial port  usage on WP-II-E?

thanks to Robert Farrar I could login through the serial port.
according to him, the unit needs to be in "normal" mode (not
FORCED RELOAD), you need to have the terminal open (9600 8N1
with no flow control) upon boot, and press ENTER during boot.
here is the log

Hit <ENTER> within 5 seconds to configure...

[-- Main Configuration --]

 A. Toggle DHCP Client                    = (Disabled)
 B. Change IP address                     = (192.168.168.54)
 C. Change Subnet mask                    = (255.255.255.0)
 D. Change Default Router                 = (0.0.0.0)
 E. Change Read-Write Password
 F. Configure Wireless Interface

 Y. Exit saving changes
 Z. Exit ignoring changes

Enter letter of selection: F

Slot (A): No wireless interface defined for this slot.
    No parameters can be changed.

Press any key to continue...

Slot (B): No wireless interface defined for this slot.
    No parameters can be changed.

Press any key to continue...

No wireless interfaces to be configured.

Press any key to continue...

very nice :-)

Cheers
!3runo