Re: [Karlnet] KARLNET RESPONSE_ ReductionofKarlnetfeaturesw/outnotifica

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] KARLNET RESPONSE_ ReductionofKarlnetfeaturesw/outnotification.
From: jna <jna@tcpbbs.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 04:35:03 -0500
I think basically what he meant and I have felt the same as well. That the
pricing on the software does not reflect the hardware its being installed
on. Why pay the same software costs to run half the hardware. I understand
his point exactly, AP1000/KN-200 SAT being 200.00 and the AP has two slots
for two potential SATS while the RG1XXX/KN-100 has one slot and one
potential SAT yet the software costs the same. In all actuality it should
not be unreasonable since you are only using 1/2 the software on a RG/KN-100
the software price should reflect that and be half that of a license for a
AP1000/KN-200 which used more of the software. This has nothing to do with
hardware costs.

John

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3058432400&category=44997