RE: [Karlnet] Heat Problems Continued - PoE solution for problems

Subject: RE: [Karlnet] Heat Problems Continued - PoE solution for problems
From: "Charles Chia Sheng Wu" <cwu@cwlab.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 22:56:32 -0600
Hi,

We have a PoE injector/regulator solution that bypasses the ethernet port
completely
By putting a voltage regulator at the top (and having user adjustable
setting to 5v, 9v, & 12v on our PoE solution), we're able to avoid many of
the heat problems (basically, board is powered via the power jack, and we
haven't seen any lockup issues w/ it)
best thing is price...it's $25 / set, and that includes power supply for 100
m, and voltage regulator splitter w/ 2 power ends (so you can also power an
amp, or power 2 boards up top)

Offlist for more info

-Charles

KarlNet Preferred Channel Partner
Ask us about our CPE leasing solutions...
773.667.4585x334 (o)
773.457.0718 (m)
773.632.0571 (f)