Re: [Karlnet] Strange packet loss with older lucent EC

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] Strange packet loss with older lucent EC
From: KSM <wifiengineer@telsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 06:47:52 -0500

On Tue, 2003-12-30 at 05:32, Peter Dordik wrote:
> I noticed packet loss even with ping from ethernet side to Ethernet convertor.
>
> EC is very weak device. What amount of traffic you have? Have You any troubles
> with windows NDIS driver connected to this same AP too?

-I am only actually trying to pass about 400k of throughput, although
all my bandwidth shaping is done centrally.

I will check the log, but this unit has been hard rebooted once or twice
already, which wipes the log.  I never have been a huge fan of these,
especially due to the "mods" you have to do just to get a pigtail to sit
on them correctly.  (Trust me, I no longer even consider using
non-integrated CPE equipment,... shudder).. but they exist in the net
none the less and I still honor their maintenence, no matter how
annoying.  Anyone wanna buy a whole bunch of Lucent gen 1 ECs?  email me
offline.  They make great, um, doorstops.