RE: [Karlnet] When are we going to see support for a/b/gAtheroscards?

Subject: RE: [Karlnet] When are we going to see support for a/b/gAtheroscards?
From: "Support" <Support@karlnet.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 11:36:07 -0500
All, Kevin Knuth has exited the list!. My name is Reg Mallory, I am the
Technical Services Manager with KarlNet,Inc. I will monitor and respond to
this list at every opportunity. My goal is to perform this activity daily, I
will do my best to maintain this self appointed task. In my absence this
list will also be monitored by Mr. Ed Von Dolln, Technical Support Rep.

I have spoke with many persons posting through this list directly, and some
indirectly through Mr. Kevin Knuth. Kevin will be missed, but his level of
support will be maintained if not exceeded.KarlNet appreciates our
customers, and we are only successful if our customer base is successful. We
want to be your wireless solution provider.

KarlNet tests ALL Products in-house, BETA and Feild.BETA Testers are
comprised of OEM/Distributors, and previous BETA sites that provide detailed
feedback. All BETA testers for these products were selected in November by
KarlNet Management. The current BETA program is closed for ABG but available
for HERMESII(2) radio testing. Please email support@KarlNet for submittal
form(only three available remain), these forms MUST be received by
Jan.23,2004.

The KarlNet Turbocell software/hardware for Atheros A/B/G is currently at
the following stage:
1- Flashrom(cardbus), this solution is in BETA at six sites with mixed
reviews. Most issues are related to varying motherboards but the software is
performing well with several sites. I am currently assisting in field test
with a Texas ISP with A mode 3 mile backhaul at 18Mbps.This deployment
utilizes PCI to Mini PCI adapter and Atheros 5212/5112.Because of
differences with motherboards and problems encountered, we are reviewing the
viability of providing a Flashrom solution in A/B/G mode.Alpha field testing
of A mode, utilizing our 2 port (BCOM) solution in California was OK, but
the Radio was early Atheros based 5211/5111/2111(5001A).This radio driver
set performed less than expected.

2-KN100/200(105/205), the bin files for this hardware entered BETA program
1/5/04.Because all available A/B/G cardbus cards DO NOT have external
antenna connections some sites are modifying cards to perform outdoor test.
Please email support@KarlNet to obtain list of KarlNet tested cards. The
initial ALHPA test at KarlNet yielded GREAT results with TurboCell
PtMp(about 12Mbps/TX rate=14Mbps)utilizing our Pingfill utility.The best
performing cards utilize Atheros 5212/5112(5002x)drivers.

3-KN Mini PCI embedded system boards, these units were A/B/G ALPHA tested at
KarlNet and Field tested by myself in China last month. The results of the
China field test for G-Mode was fantastic. TurboCell exceeded expectations
and the throughput for normal mode Mid/Upper band exceeded the
competion(standard 802.11g).Turbo mode is currently being tested at
KarlNet.Radio cards utilized for ALL MINI PCI testing are Mini PCI Atheros
5212/5112(5002x)drivers.These boards will be sent to KarlNet ABG
BETA Sites next week. I am currently preparing to field test this completed
product, I will be out of the office Jan 14-20, 2004.I will check email
during this period.

After the successful completion of ALL testing including FCC) related to our
System products, I anticipate a fast track delivery. I will check with
KarlNet Product Managers to obtain an exact date and inform this list.Any
issue or concerns can be addressed off list by sending an email to
support@karlnet.com ATTN Reg.

Thanks for your patience,

Reg Mallory