Re: [Karlnet] KN-50 Software Issues - Only with Hermes/Ruby basedradios?

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] KN-50 Software Issues - Only with Hermes/Ruby basedradios?
From: "Norm Young" <lists@applegatebroadband.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 13:11:40 -0800
Hi Brad,

My understanding is that the Ubicom based radios don't have this problem,
and are 100mW.   The KN-50s did have this problem, but has now been
addressed by Karlnet.  (I have several new KN-50 cards ready to go into
units this morning.)   I like the KN-50s, been using them for about as long
as they've been out, and really like the MapleNet i19 and BWR modules they
come in.  Very slick  installs.   To recap the Ubicoms have 100mW Prism 2.5
radios that do what Prism 2.5's do--namely have good power but don't report
signal/noise correctly.  (Anyone know if there's a set dB you can subtract
to make it correct?)  The KN-50's have been very robust in the field, have a
33mW radios, and report signal/noise correctly.   Only downside is that I
require all my KN/Ubicom customers to purchase a router which I set the
password on and maintain.  It would be nice if I could NAT to one IP on
these units...but, pretty darn good for $300/complete CPE.

Norm