Re: [Karlnet] trangolink-10

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] trangolink-10
From: "Caleb Carroll" <karlnet@pathcom.ca>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 10:42:43 -0700
Yep, I just set one up last week.  I've been using Trango AP's & SU's for the
last couple of years and it's very reliable equipment.  It is of course not
completely without problems:

1) No RADIUS support
2) No DHCP client (you must manually assign an IP address for each unit).
3) We had three AP's burn out in a matter of seconds when the military set up a
phased array radar near one of our sites.  We also had a W-mux Tsunami & other
equipment at the same site that wasn't effected at all by the radar.  The
Trango AP's still worked but at a distance of 500 feet you would get an rssi
value of -85dBm.
4) Trango has a poor record of repairing/replacing equipment.

Overall though, I strongly recommend Trango radios because they are virutally
trouble free.  We've even stopped deploying Karlnet and started using Trango
Fox for our CPE equipment.