Re: [Karlnet] How to install TurboCell driver on Linux (Fedora Core1, k

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] How to install TurboCell driver on Linux (Fedora Core1, kernel 2.4.25) ?
From: "Dalibor Toman" <dtoman@fortech.cz>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 09:37:49 +0100
On Tuesday, March 09, 2004 6:17 PM [CET], Yurij Korik
<korik@tnet.dp.ua> wrote:

> Can I use kernel 2.4.25 for install TurboCell driver under Linux ?

I think you cannot - there are some wifi related changes in the kernel
sources around 2.4.19 (some kernel structures changed). And since the
turbocell driver is not open sourced (part of it  is a binary which
doesn't know that the structures have changed) the driver will not
work with newer kernels.

I wish the Karlnet changed their thinking about the Linux and updated
the driver...

Regards
Dalibor Toman