RE: [Karlnet] KN-105/205 Heat

Subject: RE: [Karlnet] KN-105/205 Heat
From: <dan.metcalf@wbsysnet.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 14:02:28 -0500
Jayson --

You used a 24VDC POE? How long of an ethernet cable?

Dan Metcalf
Wireless Broadband Systems
http://www.wbsysnet.com/
781-577-2780
dan.metcalf@wbsysnet.com

We cooked one of the KN-105's at 165F for 60 minutes here in the office
not too long ago...

It continued working just fine, passing the same amount of data as when
it was cool (I don't remember exactly, but there was no degredation).

The plastic box it was mounted in melted, but we did verify the boards
are solid now!!

Ran with 24VDC, POE.  Enclosed in a weatherproof (but not entirely air
tight) plastic enclosure.  Passing data the entire time (speed tests).
Lucent Silver card.

Regards,
Jayson A. Baker
Peak Internet Solutions