[Karlnet] Advise

Subject: [Karlnet] Advise
From: Bryan <blsutton@airnetwifi.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 08:45:29 -0600
I'm preparing to buy several KN200s & Sg-4200/4400 software. I have a couple of questions before purchasing.

Configuration is to be one radio is in TC mode for Backhaul the other is in 802.11b mode for sevice of customers.

1 - License-it.com, what is it, & how do I use? Effectively I want to know if I have to buy a license on top (after) buying the software.

2 - Spare hardware is easy to figure out - Software is another issue. Icase a piece of hardware goes bad - do I need to have spare software or can the software be installed on another unit & the defective unit replaced?

2a - That leads to, if I have SG4200 on a unit and need (in the future) to extend my network - is there an upgrade option to allow going from SG4200 to SG4400? Or do I have to buy SG4400 with the new unit, put it on the old unit that had SG4200 and then put the existing SG4200 on the new unit?

Thanks - just want to get my ducks all in row before investing.

Bryan