RE: [Karlnet] Advise

Subject: RE: [Karlnet] Advise
From: "Kevin Knuth" <kknuth@karlnet.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 09:58:43 -0500
Bryan,

All good questions!

1. License-it is a website from where you will download your software
AND the license to use it.  There is only one charge.  Each license is
"keyed" to the Ethernet MAC address of the device you are putting the
software on.

2. You should keep a spare license around if you can!  Since the
software is "keyed" it will not work on another unit- you need a new
key.  The boards have a one year warranty, and that includes the
software on them, so the software would be replaced for you to use on
another board.  HOWEVER- since you cannot buy our software 24/7 it is
best to keep a spare license around!  Karlnet policy is that we will
replace software for ANY unit (AP-100, RG-1000, Apple Airport, etc.)if
you can provide a manufacturers RMA number for the hardware.

2a. You can upgrade- we charge the difference in the licenses.

Kevin

Kevin R. Knuth
Business Development Manager
North America