Re: [Karlnet] Changing Polarity

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] Changing Polarity
From: Brendan O'Bra <brendan@pvbb.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 14:26:37 -0700
holy crap! 65 db! WOW.

Provided you're using turbocell, you may still be able to make a go of it. The differnce in polarity will probably help - assuming that most of your noise is the same polarity as the first antenna (the one that's not working well currently). I'd also suggest seperating the antennas
vertically by as much as possible (at least 10 feet).
cj wrote:

Thats not a bad idea. the only concern is will it cause too much interference to do anything? I cant change the channel because i'm already using 6 and 11 up on the roof top. if i change thepolarity only, will i get too much interference to see the current clients even? I'm in vegas and already working with a really high noise floor (-65). do you think the polarity will be enough to have it still work?

thanks

cj

Brendan O'Bra wrote:

a changed in polarity can cause up to 30db change.

how about setting up a second AP with the new polarity, so that you can change everyone over with minimum pain for everyone? If you used a different network id/passphrase, it would be pretty smooth (i'm assuming you're running turbocell)