Re: [Karlnet] Re: Amps

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] Re: Amps
From: "Bob Hrbek" <bhrbek@jagwireless.net>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 16:04:04 -0500
I'm sure others have done worse but we've done tower INSTALLS in -2F* temps
w/ 10-15mph winds...it was the wind that was killer.

We are prepared to maintain our equipment in-house at every site in any
condition, other than major icing when we don't even go near a tower.

We have found (as others have as well) that amps are evil and in the
end....cause you problems.  I can run fiber and power up a tower in
flex-sealtight conduit cheaper than i can install LMR-600/900.  And....we'll
have few problems with noise, have better throughput and distances.

Weight the gains...high power card next to the antenna has benefits that
out-weigh the drawbacks, at least they do in our environment.

-bob