Re: [Karlnet] YDI killing Karlnet

To: Karlnet@WISPNotes.com
Subject: Re: [Karlnet] YDI killing Karlnet
From: Blair Davis <blair@wmwisp.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 12:55:19 -0400
Kevin,

This would be ok as far as I am concerned. My flashrom based towers are trouble free. I have lockup and reboot problems with my KN-205 and Lucent based Karlnet AP's but not with the flashrom units.

My friend at Karlnet told me that they DID still have the flashrom modules, but not the NIC/EPROM, (XN-700), that you need to make it work.

Assuming you can get the module and the NIC/EPROM needed to make it work I'd be happy to buy them from you.

Blair Davis
West Michigan Wireless ISP
269-686-8648

A division of
Camp Communication Services, INC

As a Karlnet OEM I did some checking on this.

Karlnet has about 500 or so FlashROMs left.  I believe that I can still
purchase them under our OEM contract.

The problem is that they will not be upgrading software for them
anymore.  They claim they do not sell enough of them- less than 100 per
year.

Kevin

Kevin R. Knuth
Business Development Manager
(260) 424-9690 - Regional Office
(818) 760-1000 x 233 -  Corporate Office
kknuth@ai-wireless.com - Email
www.ai-wireless.com - Web

The information contained in this e-mail and its attachment(s), if any,
are confidential and intended only for the named recipient(s). This
message and its attachments shall not be discussed, reproduced,
distributed, or retransmitted without the prior written consent of
Associated Industries.. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the original sender and destroy all copies of the original
message.