Re: [Karlnet] Lightning Issues

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] Lightning Issues
From: "Bob Hrbek" <bhrbek@jagwireless.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 09:25:45 -0500
You replaced the kn205 and you are still having this problem........the
kn250 doesn't reboot...but the kn205 does....swap them?

Do you have a lightening protector on the antenna for the KN205?  Is it well
grounded?  The antenna ports on a lucent card carry some voltage and
shorting it properly or feeding it the right about of power will cause the
card to reset and likely, the kn205 to reboot.   We've seen this with
AP-1000 setups on occasion when DC power systems were shared between the AP
and an AMP.  Do you have an amp on this?

Grounding is a good place to start looking.   We've visited sites that were
the building was literally HOT because of a bad earth ground.  Could it be
that your building isn't grounded well enough and the electrical changes
from the storm are generating some current that is getting into the radio,
enough to reboot it?

-Bob