RE: [Karlnet] compact flash

Subject: RE: [Karlnet] compact flash
From: "Noyan DEDE" <noyan@onur.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 11:16:17 +0300
I've been using CF based Karlnet systems for around 2 years now with
Soekris boards.

Besides from that fact that resetting to factory default values is not
available when using CF, we've never had any problems (besides the
inherent software bugs in Karlnet software like unstable ping times
etc.).  We've had some occurrences where we had to reload the SW to the
CFs but very rarely.

IDE configuration etc,).  So once we've got a stable platform to flash
the CF (using a CF-IDE adapter), we've flashed 10 spare CF units just in
case we needed them immediately (which proved itself to be a good idea
later on)

I have no experience with WRAP boards but Soekris HW is VERY reliable
platform.  Never had a single hardware failure in 2 years.

Regards

Noyan Dede
UKS/ Turkey