[Karlnet] RE: YDI to discontinue sale of Karlnet OEM Boards

To: karlnet@WISPNotes.com
Subject: [Karlnet] RE: YDI to discontinue sale of Karlnet OEM Boards
From: Blair Davis <blair@wmwisp.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 09:43:10 -0400
A $499 CPE? And this is a 'Deal'!!

Bull! Using the KN-50, adding my own antenna, I get a short range CPE for $210 and a long range CPE for $250. (my cost, USD) Why would I wish to trade these for a $499 CPE?

I said way back when Karlnet was acquired by YDI that this was not good for the customers. Seems events are proving me right.

I'm also not sure what good an Atheros based CPE is to me as last I was told the Atheros based Karlnet gear would not talk to the PCMCIA Prism/Hermes based Karlnet gear.

So, where do we go from here? Well, we will now quit using Karlnet for our residential customers. We have been testing mesh ap's and using the CB3 with them. They seem to work well. For the moment, our business customers will be installed on Karlnet, but, I am now actively seeking another product.

And after this treatment you can be sure it won't be from YDI!!!

PS: Reg, thank you for keeping us informed. Ed and you in the support department have always been Knowledgeable and helpful. Thanks!!

Blair Davis
West Michigan Wireless ISP
269-686-8648

A Division of: