[Karlnet] kn200 questions

Subject: [Karlnet] kn200 questions
From: LaRoy McCann <lmccann@roachconveyors.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 09:59:20 -0600
I have a kn200 with satellite software and 2 radio cards. Each radio is a ptp link to a kn100 with satellite software. (satellite to satellite)

One of the remote kn100's has been struck several times by lightening and I am out of spares. I tried a kn50 in place of the kn100, but the kn200 would not talk to it. (I guess kn50 only communicates to a unit with base software)

Can I change the one radio interface on the kn200 to 802.11b mode and talk to a standard 802.11b wireless unit? Or possible a kn50 with the 802.11b software load?

I have not used the 802.11b mode, just turbocell mode. This one setup is an hour and a half away so it is not easy to just go out and do some experimenting.

Also, is anyone using the kn150/kn250 products? Do they support different mini pci radios? (Atheros, Prisim 200mw 802.11b)

Any help is appreciated.

LaRoy