Re: [Karlnet] any KN two radio hardware?

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] any KN two radio hardware?
From: "Bruno Lopes F. Cabral" <bruno@openline.com.br>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 10:19:53 -0300
Hi there

thanks for answering

Rick Snider wrote:
> 4.46 will install on old WP-II with BNC

there was a thread saying that 4.45 and 4.46 won't
install on WP-II with BNC and firmware v3.20. these
are the ones that I have here handy :-(

information on terabeam website confirms this:
"AP-1000 units with boot version 3.20 should not be upgraded to versions
higher than 4.44-02." at
http://www.terabeam.com/support/release_notes/turbocell_kernel.php

in karlnet site, the Release Notes seems to lack some info
(and some revisions of TC kernel). compare at

http://www.karlnet.com/Documents/ReleaseNotes/KarlBridgeKernelReleaseNotes.htm

> -- then it
> actually will run the 200 MWatt SMC and Teletronics
> radios ( and others I expect ) .
>
> You should also be able to pick up some newer AP-1000
> 2 radio access point hardware.

I've heard reports on problems with old hardware and
two 200mW cards, but it really seems to be the path
I'll have to follow.

is it possible that NONE of KN resellers
have KN205 boards in stock?

are the boards EOLd?

Cheers
!3runo