NA-User

[na-user] CW PTT and FT1000MP

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] CW PTT and FT1000MP
From: David A. Pruett" <k8cc@ix.netcom.com (David A. Pruett)
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 00:53:54 -0500
The problem Jim describes appears to be due to some lockout logic in the
1000MP.  The CW keying and PTT signal do appear at same time with no delay.
 As a test, try loading one of the CW messages with the first character as
a space and see if the problem goes away.  I'm not suggesting this as a fix
but simply as an experiment.

There have been no reported problems using CW PTT with any radio other than
1000MPs.  As Jim reported, CW PTT works FB here on the two FT-1000Ds as
well as the IC-765, IC-756, IC-781, TS-850 and even the old C-Line.

Yes, there should be some delay from the time the PTT is asserted to when
the CW begins, but the thinking was it would be no worse than VOX.  Adding
such as delay is on the list of things to do, but this requires some major
work on the CW routine for it to work also with the paddles and won't get
done before ARRL DX CW since I will be in DL-land for a week between now
and then.

Suggestions for immediate fix?  Unfortunately no.  I feel bad too, because
this is a truly cool feature that really helps in CW Sprint.  Now you can
be ABSOLUTELY sure when the guy you're working QSY'd and did not listen to
your confirmation!

K8CC