NA-User

[na-user] Software Lockout ???

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] Software Lockout ???
From: Bill Fisher - W4AN <w4an@contesting.com> (Bill Fisher - W4AN)
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 10:49:02 -0500 (EST)

Dave,

I have a new idea for the software.

I would like to see a command transmitted down the network that says "Hey
I'm station A and I'm transmitting".  Then when it stops transmitting it
sends a signal down the pipe that says "Hey I'm station A and I'm not
transmitting".

Now if I'm on station B I could go in to my handy-dandy set up program and
through a really cool interface I could select that when station-A is
transmitting, that I stop transmitting.  The same thing could be set up
for Station-A.  This would provide a flexible transmit lockout for
multi-op situations.  I envision the 2nd station in a multi-op hitting F4
to send his call to someone and it not being sent until he gets the all
clear signal from the other station.  Or not.  Whichever works best.  If
station A is the CQ station and he is locked out, he can hit F1 and the CQ
starts the second he gets the all clear.  You could also define it so that
the 2nd station ALWAYS locks out the CQ station.  Or the other way around.

Anyway... what say?  Anyone else see this as being useful?

73

Bill W4AN