NA-User

[na-user] SS Database

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] SS Database
From: Bill Fisher - W4AN <w4an@contesting.com> (Bill Fisher - W4AN)
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 15:39:43 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 9 Mar 1999 K8CC wrote on the NA Reflector:

> I hate the idea of an SS database.  It rewards the poor op who can't copy, in
> some cases he or she just accepts the defaults and takes his chances with the
> log-checking process.  Personally, I don't believe this will help my score one
> bit - I'm pretty good at parsing together exchange fragments and applying the
> result to what I'm hearing.  However, I felt the same way about
> super-check-partial too...

Well there is really two solutions to the database problem as I see it.

1.  We (contesting community) need to convince N6TR that an SS database of
exchange information is not in the best interest of the SS, and he takes
the feature out of his program.

2.  We (you K8CC) add this feature to NA so that NA users are not a
disadvantage to people using TRLog.

Personally, I don't think a database of any kind helps to determine the
best operator in the SS.  It especially doesn't when one group using one
software has a database, and the rest do not.  I think a database is much
different than other "features" that various software packages include or
not.

73

Bill, W4AN