NA-User

[na-user] SS Database

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] SS Database
From: Tim Jones <tlj@indy.net> (Tim Jones)
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 05:26:07 -0500
    Bill's orginal message about having a database from SS and TR that the
data is saved from what YOU copied
say I had 1000 q's from the 1998 SS and I saved the check and section for
stations. If I made errors in the 98 contest
they are still going to be there in 99. As far as I know there is not a
public database for TR and I don't think there should be
for NA,TR,Wright Log,or CT. There might be some contesters who make their
master data files public but people
more than likely don't stop and think about possable errors in it. What
about CQWW,IARU? All the major contesting software
has a database for the different zones, you just type in the callsign it
automaticly puts 599 and the zone. In the IARU contest
if I work a IARU station on 40 meters then go to 20 meters type in the same
callsign 599 and the IARU designation is
automaticaly filled in for me. I don't see anything wrong with saving your
own information but I think a public database would be wrong. Ok I won't
even put a flame retardent suit on after this message I'm ready

Tim Jones
KC9TV