NA-User

[na-user] SS Database

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] SS Database
From: David A. Pruett" <k8cc@ix.netcom.com (David A. Pruett)
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 18:29:31 -0500
>Hmm, if Tim sends a check in SS not corresponding to the year he was first
>licensed, does that invalidate every QSO he makes (since he sent an
>improper exchange)?

Lots of people use fake checks.  "73" is popular and I've been told a
certain
Michigan SSer likes "55", despite the fact that he was licensed in 1967.

>What else could he change from year to year?

Lessee - how about section?  I've operated contests with my callsign from
at
least four locations in Ohio the past few years.  I think precedence would
be
the big variable - people change categories often, particularly between
modes.
Next, I'll suspect people will want separate databases for phone and code.

I'm not trying to change anyone's mind on this, but heck "working" people
is
supposed to be the fun part.  Making defaults so that you can concentrate
on
doing something else (like checking a second radio) seems to cheapen the
accomplishment, at least to me.

73,

Dave/K8CC