NA-User

[na-user] WPX - KG4 scoring error

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] WPX - KG4 scoring error
From: Tom Horton <k5iid@wvadventures.net> (Tom Horton)
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 1999 13:26:42 -0400
Guys(and gals)

In my country.dat file the individual stations in Guantanamo are listed.
I believe that it has been this way for a long time. HOWEVER, I notice
that the first listing is just KG4(with no suffix), which I would think would
mean to include any KG4. How about just deleting that one suffix-less item.
Wouldn't that cure the problem?

I know in times past I have worked KG4's and they did not count for Git-Mo
until I edited the .dat file. That's why I think this might work.

 I am by no means computer literate, so I may be
totally off base. If so, please just say I'm wrong and don't give me a hard
time
about it.

73, Tom

At 12:41 PM 4/6/99 EDT, JBaumgarte@aol.com wrote:

>I suspect the only way to handle this will be to delete the prefix KG4 from
>Gitmo, and enter the actual call signs of the various know Gitmo stations.
>This will then be handled much the same as North Cooks and some of the
>various Antarctic stations.  First timers into the country.dat editing have
>to remember to run NAU after they have completed the editing.  Type NAU at
>the C:\NA prompt--then hit F6 (I believe).
>
>Not sure what our source for all the active KG4's in Gitmo will be??
>
>John
>N0IJ
>
>--
>Submissions:              na-user@contesting.com
>Administrative requests:  na-user-REQUEST@contesting.com
>WWW:                      http://www.contesting.com/datom/
>Questions:                owner-na-user@contesting.com

K5IID...in Wild, Wonderful West Virginia