NA-User

[na-user] Sprint

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] Sprint
From: dap14@daimlerchrysler.com (dap14@daimlerchrysler.com)
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 10:18:15 -0400

Dick, WC1M wrote:

>> So I re-logged him on QSO 101's line and entered
>> my own call (N2MG) on QSO 100's line so that I could find it later.
>> Unfortunately, my call now "counts" towards the total.

>Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the "Delete Call" function in
>nau can be used to delete all occurances of your own call without
>renumbering all the QSOs.

With current versions of NA, this is true.  Prior to last year, when we added
"QSO numbers by band" to support multi-multi operations in contests with serial
numbers, the QSO number was implied by the position in the log file.  (CT works
this way with WPX, dunno about TRLog.)  Now the sent serial number is actually
stored in the QDF file QSO record.  With older versions, the QSOs will be
renumbered, which is not correct.

Note that if you remove a QSO, the pages of the log printouts (.PRN file) will
not compensate - i.e., if you remove QSO 36, page one of the printed log will
show QSOs 1 thru 51 instead of 1 - 50.

K8CC