NA-User

[na-user] Re: [CQ-Contest] do we need to use a TNC for contest spots

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] Re: [CQ-Contest] do we need to use a TNC for contest spots
From: jcullum <jcullum@micron.com> (jcullum)
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 08:41:41 -0700
What we have done before is to use DXTELNET to replicate packet spots onto
the serial network of a NA multi-op (TR and CT would be the same).
Basically we had another computer running DXTELNET.  This computer was
dialed up to the internet and connected to one of the internet accessible
clusters like N7TR etc.  In DXTELNET, tell it to put the spots out over a
serial port.  This serial port was then connected to the serial network of
the other computers in the network.  I think you then tell NA that you are
using a REMOTE TNC.

I am not sure if you can just use one computer for this.  You would have to
be in windows running NA and DXTELNET.  Tell DXTELNET to send the spots out
one serial port and then loop this into another serial port where NA would
be looking for the TNC connection.  Maybe this could just be done with one
port???

Anyhow, it can be done using the above (2 computer) method.  Having the
internet connection built directly in NA would seem like it would require
you to be running Windows... and we know this is not a good thing for the
DOS logging programs (i.e. they work much better using straight DOS instead
of a DOS window).

Good luck, Jim/K7MK