NA-User

[na-user] BA1DU confuses NA 10.43

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] BA1DU confuses NA 10.43
From: k8cc" <k8cc@mediaone.net (k8cc)
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 19:32:09 -0500
BA1DU is not scored correctly most likely because the CQ country table does
not have "BA" as a legitimate prefix for China.  The country file
COUNTRY.DAT dated late October is this way.  Go to the NA web site, the
Support Files section, and download a new COUNTRY.DAT, dated 11/7/99.  Once
you've unzipped it, run the NA Utility program (NAU.EXE) to make new
DXCC.CTY and CQ.CTY files.  Then re-load your log into NA and you'll find
BA1DU is counted as China.

People need to learn to be comfortable updating and maintaining their
country tables.  Its the same with CT and TRLog...

"I can't get NA to send cw out the com port when running in a DOS window in
Windows 95..."

I specifically remember being able to do this at the 1996 WRTC.  We could
not get the LPT to work, but COM port keying worked fine.  You'll have to
pick the brains of one of our Win95 gurus to gain further insight.

"Also, I can use the keyer plus the paddle but not PTT, or the keyer and PTT
but not the paddle. Otherwise the computer locks up and sends dots untill I
quit NA and reset the computer.  Any suggestions?"

Appendix D, page 1: "Special note for using keying and paddles on a COM
port".  Read it.

Dave Pruett, K8CC
DATOM Engineering
datom@contesting.com