NA-User

[na-user] NA Help

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] NA Help
From: Jeff Basham W2JAB <w2jab@sonic.net> (Jeff Basham W2JAB)
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 21:27:31 -0700
Hello,
I am working on setting up NA for our Ccub for Field Day.  We will be
operating a 3A this year, and we may move up to a 4A if there are enough
operators.  We will be preparing NA to run a 4 computer loop network.  The
laptops we are using only have one serial port.

I have set up the loop network cables as described in the manual, and
everything seems to be well, except..

When I am logging a contact on one of the computers (lets say #1, but you
could say #3 or #4 here also), computer #2, the problem computer, logs that
contact (You see #1's contact on the #2 logging window.)  Then something is
very strange.  Computer #2 switches to the band and mode that #1 was on
when it logged that contact. The other computers (#3 and #4) are fine ..
they log #1's contact and stay on the band and mode that they are set
to.  The same thing happens to #2, when #3 or #4 log a contact, also.  One
more little thing, if there is more than one contact showing in the logging
window of #2 when #1, #3 or #4 make a contact, the times of the contacts
showing in #2's loggin window change to: . . . . , and the callsigns and
exchanges of those contacts change to the last contact that was made.

We have tried re-installing NA on #2, we have switched around the cables,
and switched around #2's position in the network - the same thing happens
always.  We have done enough testing to determine that the problem is the
computer #2.

Do you have any ideas on how to fix this strange problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
If you need more information about the problem, just ask!

Jeff Basham
W2JAB/6
w2jab@sonic.net

WWW:                      http://datom.contesting.com/