NA-User

[na-user] NA Help

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] NA Help
From: dap14@daimlerchrysler.com (dap14@daimlerchrysler.com)
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 10:15:20 -0400

Jeff,

I apologize for not answering your earlier e-mail sooner.  Too many irons
in the fire here, including preps for our Field Day effort as well.

We've never had a report of problems such as you describe.  The fact that
the other computers work correctly rules out a bad program disk or
download.  You've also taken the informed step of re-installing the
program.  It's not likely that there is some obscure problem in the floppy
disk of computer #2 to cause this.

You don't mention what operating system the laptops are running.  NA is a
DOS program, but numerous users have had success running in it a DOS window
under Win95/98/NT.  However, some people have experienced performance
issues because NA can only function as Windows sees fit to let it (or any
DOS program) function.

If computer #2 is running under Windows, what I would do is try running it
directly under DOS.  The easiest way to do this is to boot the computer
from a DOS floppy.  You can still run NA from the hard disk - just leave
the DOS floppy in the drive while you operate.

73,

Dave Preutt, K8CC
DATOM Engineering

WWW:                      http://datom.contesting.com/