NA-User

[na-user] NA network

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] NA network
From: David Robbins <k1ttt@berkshire.net> (David Robbins)
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 22:43:51 +0000

dap14@daimlerchrysler.com wrote:
> one failure mode is eliminated.  Our experience has been that the current
> version of WinTelNetX program runs pretty much trouble-free, although you
> have to occasionally check the connection to see if the Internet cluster
> has dumped you.

if you put a time in the 'keep alive time' box in the port setup it will send a
return to the cluster every n minutes.  if you then also check the box in the
script setup to 'enable automatic reconnect' it will check the node every n
minutes and if it doesn't get anything from it between checks it will disconnect
and then reconnect again.

--
David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto://k1ttt@berkshire.net