NA-User

[NA-User] FLQP

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [NA-User] FLQP
From: k4oj@tampabay.rr.com (Jim White)
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 19:59:51 -0400
Thanks for your help, Dave

The list of mult names you were given to work from was aimed at minizing
confusion of county abbreviations versus out of state mult
abbreviations...which have traditionally been used in the ARRL contests
"fprever"

i.e. MAN would be a good abbreviation for Manatee County - right?  WRONG -
MAN is the abbreviation for the Candian Manitoba multiplier - so we use MTE
for Manatee County...the intricacies of this are more apparent if you are
from within FL where you are wokring both outside of FL and within FL guys -
ideally you want ot be able to type what is sent to you and it is registered
correctly by the logging software...

This is what NA did for our mobile team with the one exception of MAR sent
by VE1OP - of course this is only a problem for us Floridians since the rest
of you were passing him by since he was NOT a Floridian, right?  There have
been numerous posts to the software reflectors as relates to the FQP over
the past few dys - the one problem NA users incurred was the MAR debacle!
NA's competitors faired much worse!

Thanks K8CC for your support of the FQP - we enjoyed using it to log 1955
QSOs as K4FCG/CTY last weekend!

73,

Jim, K4OJ