NA-User

[NA-User] Windows XP and USB ports

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [NA-User] Windows XP and USB ports
From: n4bp at bellsouth.net (Bob Patten)
Date: Sun Jul 6 15:05:10 2003
Ted W. Colby wrote:
> I own a registered copy of NA 10.2.  I am trying to use it with my new Dell
> 5100 laptop which has USB ports only.  I can obtain USB to serial converters.
>  How do I configure the program to talk to USB ports?  Do I need to upgrade
> to a later version of NA?

You can't configure NA for USB ports.  What you need is a USB to Serial
Port adaptor.  To make things more difficult though, NA and other DOS
based software need a com port that has a legitimate address and IRQ.
The only one I've discovered, and quite probably the only one available
that will provide a fully compatible serial port is the Belkin F5U103.
They should be available at Best Buy and CompUSA stores for about $70.

--
73,     Bob Patten, N4BP                Plantation, FL

E-Mail: n4bp@arrl.net                   Website: http://www.qsl.net/n4bp
QRP ARCI #3412    SOC #1    ARS #799    Whiners #6   FISTS #7871