NA-User

Re: [NA-User] Using NA with Web Spots

To: NA-User@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [NA-User] Using NA with Web Spots
From: RobertV <mail@mm0ant.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 00:14:19 +0000
As others have mentioned you can use a serial link to get the data
from Telnet to NA (and back again.) There are a few programs that
allow this like WinTelNetX, DXTelnet and a program I have written for
this purpose. All basically do the same task which is connect to a
DXCluster using Telnet and re-route the received data to the serial port,
sometimes after data filtering has taken place.

Have a look at any of the above programs and you will see they're not
difficult to use and can offer a great addition to NA. Good luck with your
linking! :)

Robert
www.MM0ANT.co.uk

At 17/11/2003 19:51, you wrote:

>I use 2 meter integration with a PK232 for my spots in NA, but a co-worker
>who has broadband internet access asked me how he could get his spots in NA
>from the web. I confess I don't have a clue. I have used Telnet on a windows
>machine to get spots, but can anyone tell me if and how they are doing it
>for use with NA?
>
>Thanks
>
>Tom, N4ZJ

"The man who can make a good tag line is a man better than I." Robertv!