NA-User

Re: [NA-User] Using NA for IARU M/S this weekend

To: na-user@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [NA-User] Using NA for IARU M/S this weekend
From: "David A. Pruett" <k8cc@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2004 18:08:11 -0400
At 03:03 PM 7/5/04 -0500, Bob Pack, NX5M wrote:
On radio 2 I think all you can do now is SEARCH but not pounce if I read
the rules correctly.  It has been a few years since I did a multi in IARU
and it seems the rules have changed a bit.  To me, the best you can do with
a 2nd radio is map a band and be ready to take over when the radio 1 op
gives it to you.  IF I am incorrect on this let me know.
And yes, intrastation band mapping is something that I brought up about a
year ago........that would be good.
See you all this weekend.

Bob is correct - you can't P, you can only S. But this does not change the information offered.

The only change in recent years to the IARU multi-op rules ("regular" entries, not including HQ club stations, for you nit pickers) has been to change from a "ten-minute rule" to "bandchanges per hour", and I believe that a mode change is now treated the same as a band change. The essence of the rules have not changed - it's a true multi-single, with only one transmitted signal allowed and restrictions on bandchanging.

Dave/K8CC