NA-User

[NA-User] Solved! LPT for CW and external voice keyer

To: na-user@contesting.com
Subject: [NA-User] Solved! LPT for CW and external voice keyer
From: Scott Dickson <shdickson@allvantage.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 06:51:16 -0600
So, at this point from my logic I have either:
1.  A bad LPT cable
2.  3 bad LPT ports on the I/O card
3.  Made a stupid mistake or omission in the setup / config of my software.

I'm really hoping for option 3, then option 1. Option 2 is bad.

FYI - I figured it out late last night. It is a variant of option 3 (setup config of HARDWARE). Three years ago when I installed the I/O card, I assumed that the 3 LPT ports (label A, B, and C on the card) would correspond to LPT1, LPT2, and LPT3. Last night I dug out the manual, and actually read it. The default jumper settings for LPT ports mapped A=3, B=1, and C=2. Once I had the cable on the right place AND told NA the right LPT#, all is well.

RTM next time would solve lots of problems. Like I said, stupid mistake. Thanks to all who replied direct.

--Scott