NA-User

Re: [NA-User] WinXP&NA10.53

To: John <k7up@direcway.com>
Subject: Re: [NA-User] WinXP&NA10.53
From: Hank Kohl K8DD <k8dd@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 00:38:07 -0400
NA will not run properly under any version of Windows (it might under 3.11,
I haven't tried that!).

I would think that there are two options - depending on your "PC ability".

Option 1 - If there is free space on your hard drive - 20MB will be fine -
format it as a FAT partition.  Use a Boot Floppy or CD to boot to DOS and
that partition will be the C:/ drive.
If there is no free space on your hard drive, shrink the XP partition with
one of the manager programs - I use Partition Magic.  Format 20MB of the
free space as a FAT partition and boot with the DOS boot floppy or CD.
There are procedures for doing this on the web that I've seen that work
very well.

Option 2 - Go back to using the Win98 computer for NA and contesting and the
XP computer for general logging - like Logger32, DXBase, DX4Win, etc.

73    Hank    K8DD