NA-User

Re: [NA-User] NA in IL QSO PARTY

To: na-user@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [NA-User] NA in IL QSO PARTY
From: Hank Kohl K8DD <k8dd@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 18:38:35 -0400
Bob Patten wrote:
> K4PG and I have been using NA in the FQP covering 21 counties for each
> of the past five years.  I wrote a batch file back
> at the start that allows me to quickly change logs each time we change
> counties.  It has worked very well for us and allows
> that log change to happen in probably about ten seconds.  The log files
> of course have to be set up in advance.  And the
> batch file would have to be edited to include the ten IL counties that
> you will cover.  Can e-mail the batch file if you wish..
>
> W4OV and K4LQ used an edited version of my batch file in the CW County
> Hunters Contest earlier this year.  I think the
> batch file worked OK for them, but NA had trouble handling the exchange
> format of the contest.
It has been awhile since I have tried it, but if you make a blank QDF
file for each county like
countyname.qdf and make a matching text file countyname.bnr that
contains the name of the
county, there will be a banner on NA with the name of the county, so you
will know which log
you have up and running for the county that you are in.
I'm sure it is documented somewhere in the update files.
73    Hank    K8DD