NA-User

Re: [NA-User] NA in IL QSO PARTY

To: Jimk8mr@aol.com, na-user@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [NA-User] NA in IL QSO PARTY
From: JBaumgarte@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 12:26:03 EDT
In a message dated 10/14/05 8:35:59 AM Pacific Daylight Time, Jimk8mr@aol.com
writes:

> It took me a long time to figure this one out... duh:
>
> As a regular QSO party mobiler, every year I'd take the time to set up a
> bunch of QDF files for all the possible counties on my route.  About a  year
> ago
> I realized I was setting up the same files year after year.  So  now I have
> separate directory ("BLANKQDF") with subdirectories for each state,  where I
>
> put the files when I set them up.  Then I copy these virgin QDF  files to
> the
> directory I use during the contest.
>
> When the contest is done, I have the filled up QDF files, plus the original
>
> ones ready to use next time.
>

> 73  -  Jim   K8MR

Jim,

Thanks for the good tip.  I got so far as creating a floppy for the QDF and
BNR files for each state (WI and MN for me), but your idea is, duh, better.
Getting those banner files working (exactly as K8DD suggested) really is a
kick!
 My batch files on a pentium 1 lap top come up almost as fast as I can type
them in.

John, N0IJ