NA-User

[NA-User] CQP---Alpine County Error

To: "'David Pruett'" <k8cc@comcast.net>, <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [NA-User] CQP---Alpine County Error
From: "Charles Wooten NF4A" <nf4a@knology.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2006 13:29:01 -0500
Thanks Dave...that fixed it.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Pruett [mailto:k8cc@comcast.net]
Sent: Saturday, October 07, 2006 1:14 PM
To: Charles Wooten NF4A
Cc: na-user@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [NA-User] CQP---Alpine County Error

Charlie,

Good catch OM, but your analysis is incorrect.  The .MLT file has an error.

If you look at the CALCTY.MLT file (which contains the multipliers for
non-CA entries) you find that the Alpine County line looks like this:

Alpine:                 ALPI  CTY:  6;

The county abbreviation "ALPI" is missing a colon after it, which NA
needs to parse out the abbreviation from the line of data.  You'll see
evidence of this in NA if you press Alt-L to get the abbreviation list -
NA thinks the abbreviation is "ALPI  CTY".

Simply add a colon after "ALPI" (with your editor in overstrike mode to
keep everything lined up) and all will be fine when you restart NA.

I apologize for this error.  The edited CQP files were provided by one
of the W6s and I failed to fully check it out before distributing it.

In-state CQP entries have a different multiplier file so they will not
have this problem.

73,

Dave/K8CC

Charles Wooten NF4A wrote:
> ALPI (Alpine County) not allowed when I enter it....checked the ALI and
MLT