NA-User

[NA-User] NA on Windows 98 Machine

To: "Na-user" <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [NA-User] NA on Windows 98 Machine
From: "Hal Offutt" <hal@japancorporateresearch.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 15:03:32 -0400
Hello,

NA is currently running fine on my old, broken down Windows 98 laptop, but the
computer itself is literally falling apart.

I am trying to change to a different Windows 98 desktop machine that has been
gathering dust.  It is in pretty good condition and other programs installed on
it (MS Office, etc.) seem to be working okay.

When I try to run NA on the desktop, all I get is a blank screen with a
blinking cursor.  Hitting ESC, the blank screen goes away and the NA box
appears with a black screen and an immovable  C: prompt and the directory name.
 DOS won't run the program.  This happens whether I double click on the NA icon
in the Windows folder (this works fine on my laptop)  or go in through the DOS
prompt.

I seem to remember encountering the same problem years back but I can't
remember how I solved the problem then.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

73,  Hal W1NN