NA-User

Re: [NA-User] help with kenwood

To: Mark Ketchell <k5er@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [NA-User] help with kenwood
From: David Pruett <k8cc@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 19:19:14 -0400
Mark,

I used to own a TS-850, and never had any trouble making it work with NA.

If I recall correctly, a TS-850 is one stop bit. in which case you want
the KENWOOD1 radio choice.  I seem to recall having to add the KENWOOD2
choice (having two stop bits)

I seem to recall the TS-850 talks 4800 baud, not 1200 baud.  That might
be the problem.

I have had zero luck getting NA to use the COM ports successfully with
WinXP.  However, if it works with Icoms, there's nothing different about
Kenwoods.

You might need to check your serial cable.  I never had an IF-232 with
my TS-850, rather I had a homebrew interface using a MAX-232 chip in the
D-shell.  But I know that over the years I've gotten a lot of good out
of a null modem when trying to make NA talk to a new radio for the first
time.

Dunno if I've provided any help, but I *have* made NA work with a TS-850
(admittedly under DOS), so you should be able to make it work (since the
Icoms worked).

73,

Dave/K8CC