[TenTec] Heil HC-4 and Orion

To: tentec@contesting.com, orion@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Heil HC-4 and Orion
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2003 11:46:44 -0500
        Has anyone been able to successfully use the
HC-4 with Orion?  I've tried two different elements and
many MIC and SP different settings but cannot seem
to find any combination which is not clipping the audio.
Walt W0CP (an audio expert I respect) suggested the
HC-5 element may work better with Orion, but I thought
I would ask here first.  Please reply directly and I would
appreciate hearing ONLY from actual Orion users who
have gotten good audio reports with the Heil HC-4.  I'll
summarize comments for all later.

TU & 73, Bill W4ZV