[Orion] Zero cost PTT CW solution

To: <orion@contesting.com>
Subject: [Orion] Zero cost PTT CW solution
From: "Zivney, Terry L." <00tlzivney@bsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 09:33:34 -0500
I have been happy with my Corsair II and OMNI VI's QSK CW, even
on those rare times when using an amp.  However, when I upgraded
from my homebrew SO2R box to the TopTen DX Doubler SO2R box, I
found that I needed a line from the rig to the PTT input of the
DX Doubler.  This line is used to switch both headphones to the
second receiver while transmitting on the running rig.  Fortunately,
the logging program of choice, TRLog, provides this output from
the computer for each radio.  As long as you are transmitting,
the PTT signal is created; in fact, this PTT signal is designed to
prevent hot-switching if you are using a non-QSK compliant amplifier.

I'm still enjoying the new-rig smell of my Orion, while trying
to decide which of the two OMNI VI's it will replace: the left
one or the right one.