Re: [Orion] Orion PTT Question

To: orion@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Orion] Orion PTT Question
From: "BarryG" <n1eu@myway.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 18:52:44 -0500 (EST)
 Thanks for the good explanation Grant.  There indeed seems no way to simply
turn transmit on and off in cw mode. 73,Barry N1EU--- On Sun 12/28, Grant
Youngman &lt; nq5t@comcast.net &gt; wrote:From: Grant Youngman [mailto:
nq5t@comcast.net]To: orion@contesting.comDate: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 16:58:53
-0600Subject: Re: [Orion] Orion PTT Question&gt; I believe all the software
does is put the rig in transmit mode. The&gt; Orion has commands to "key"
(TK)and "unkey" (TU) the transmitter. &gt; Perhaps this will accomplish the
"PTT via comm port" function.I assumed you were talking about CW. If you are,
then the Key and unKey commands send and shut off a CW carrier. If you use
these functions in CW mode, they won't do anything but key up a steady carrier.
In voice modes, they act like you'd expect PTT to act, placing the radio into
transmit mode, etc. So they can be used for digital modes if you're sending
audio tones to the transmitter in AFSK mode, etc.Not sure what the effect is in
FSK, since I haven't tried it in that