Re: [Orion] Orion PTT Question

To: orion Reflector <orion@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Orion] Orion PTT Question
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 13:06:40 -0600
> Does the Orion support cw PTT control via software command on
the comm
> port?

Barry ...

It does not appear to.  You can send characters, which will key the
transmitter up for each character -- as though you had simply keyed
it using the internal keyer.  And you can key the transmitter.  The
"key" command ... *TK<cr>  .. does actually key the transmitter in
CW mode equivalent to a key closure.  I did verify operation of *TK
and /<char><CR>.

But there does not appear to be a soft command to do the PTT
function as it has been discussed (if you can actually call it a
discussion) on the tentec list -- at least I haven't found it.

I did just post a note over there of a very simple means of doing the
PTT thing if you have a QSK amp with handshake, but it does
require a hardware open collector PTT interface that pulls low to
invoke.

Grant/NQ5T