[TenTec] Line input on Orion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Line input on Orion
From: "Zivney, Terry L." <00tlzivney@bsu.edu>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 12:19:27 -0500
I used my TenTec desk mike for one QSO to make sure everything
worked ok, then gave the mike back to a friend to use.

SO, I'm using my Heil headset.  I don't have the adapter cable.
I run it through a preamp to get the gain up.  I have always
run it into the Line Input on the back of my two OMNI VIs and
it drives them very well as the line in is in parallel with
the mike in on those rigs.  When I try the same thing on the
Orion, with the Line Input gain set to 100 (!) I can only
drive the rig when I talk very loudly into the mike or talk
somewhat loudly and turn the SP up very high.

Does anyone know whether the line in on the Orion is looking
for a much higher level than on the OMNI VI?

Terry Zivney, N4TZ/9