Re: [Orion] VFO lock?

To: "Orion @contesting.com" <orion@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Orion] VFO lock?
From: "john, ke5c" <ke5c@hot.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 12:13:06 -0600
>I don't know what happened.  A theory I'm examining include
>that I would push the RIT button and somehow this interacted.
>But, I watched many times pushing the RIT button and it didn't
>move the frequency.

you probably pushed one of the shift keys and hadn't put this in your cfg
file:

SHIFT KEY ENABLE = FALSE

one shift key takes you up and the other down, but i don't recall which does
which.  i always disable this "feature".  it's an imitation of a much more
robust kenwood (and maybe other jap rigs).  on kenwoods you can set tr to
vary the rit in cq mode and your actual frequency in s&p mode just using the
shift keys.  i know a guy who loves it (on a kenwood).  on an omni you just
get a 200 hz shift, so it really a pain in the butt imho.

>I had the rig stop receiving one time the second day.  I noticed
>that the band seemed awfully quiet all of a sudden.  A few
>seconds of examining possibilities, then just repowered.

i think there are still a few gremlins to be worked out, especially if you
have the band scope on.  i ran with it off all weekend, and had only one
glitch.  the subreceiver quit.  no matter of button sequences restored it
until i did a power cycle, then all was fine again.

73, john